Root Functional Medicine, Inc.
Root Functional Medicine, Inc (“Root”) respects the privacy needs and concerns of our customers.
Root Functional Medicine, Inc (“Root”) respects the privacy needs and concerns of our customers.
Root provides access to a dedicated care team, which includes clinicians trained in multiple specialties such as family medicine and internal medicine and registered dietitians. Root also provides access to digital meal plans, community, and products for purchase online.
Root is not a medical group or a health care provider. Root provides its users with the ability to obtain a telemedicine consultation provided by independent medical practitioners including, but not limited to, Root Medical Group, PC, FL, Root Medical Group PC, MI, Root Medical Group PC, CA and Root Medical Group PC, NJ, and other affiliated practices (collectively “Medical Group”), an independent medical group with a network of United States based health care providers (each, a “Provider”). Medical Group (or your own medical provider if you do not use a Medical Group Provider) is responsible for providing you with a Notice of Privacy Practices describing its collection and use of your health information, not Root.
Who May Use the Website
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect most of this Personal Information directly from you. For example, when we speak to you by phone, text message, and e-mail. Additionally, we will collect information from you when you visit our Website or App and fill out forms, use our Software, or purchase our Services.
Information We Collect Directly from You. The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services. Information we collect may include:
- To respond to inquiries or communications you send to us, we collect contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number. We may also collect records and copies of your correspondence, product order information, and other information you choose to submit to us, such as information regarding events related to the products or services you requested or purchased from us.
- We collect the information you provide to us when you fill out a survey, questionnaire, or other type of form through the Services, including information about your health and wellness, health goals, diet, lifestyle, location information, demographic information, your views about health and wellness, and medical conditions that you have experienced or that exist in your family.
- When you create an account, we collect contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, username, password, mailing address, and phone number.
- When you request or purchase products or services from us, we collect information such as your name, e-mail address, shipping and billing address, phone number, order information, including details of products and subscriptions you choose to purchase, and payment information.
- While you are navigating the Website or using the Services, we may also collect your search queries, information about your viewing history, and other data regarding your use and interaction with the Services for customer or technical support purposes, or to help improve our Services.
- We may respond to or otherwise engage with social media posts or messages directed at a Root account, or which reference our products. If you publicly share content about us or our products, we may choose to re-post or otherwise share that content with our followers, subject to the terms of the relevant social media platform.
- We also collect information that may be reported to government authorities or regulators in accordance with applicable requirements. This information may include your contact information, as well as details of any adverse event, which may include medical information.
We will also collect information automatically as you navigate through our Platform. We use the following technologies to automatically collect data:
- Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Website who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Website, but some features may not function.
- Other third party tools. We use other third party tools which allow us to track the performance of our Platform. These tools provide us with information about errors, app and website performance, and other technical details we may use to improve our Platform and/or the Services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Services.
- To establish and maintain our business relationship with you.
- To notify you about changes to our Services.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, including to send you reminders, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services. We also leverage the information we collect to deliver more relevant advertisements and offers to you.
- To provide you with information that we believe to be of interest to you, including health or wellness-related information or services.
- To send you e-mail marketing materials about our products and services.
- To send you news and newsletters.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis.
- To handle inquiries and complaints you or other users of our Services submit to us.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or user satisfaction purposes, and for obtaining health and wellness information.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes, such as maintaining customer records, monitoring your compliance with any of your agreements with us, collecting debts owed to us, and safeguarding our business interests.
- To verify that you meet the eligibility requirements for purchasing or receiving our Services.
- For research and analytics purposes, including analyzing data, identifying trends and issues and creating statistical reports, analyzing the accuracy and effectiveness of our Website and the Services, including administering, troubleshooting, and enhancing and improving the Website and the Services.
- For quality assurance and regulatory compliance purposes
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information.
- For any other purpose for which we provide you notice, or you provide us with your consent.
Promotional Information and Marketing Materials
You have the opportunity to sign up for emails with educational materials, promotional information, blog posts, and information about our products, services, sales and special offers. We may also send you mail, email or call you with information about our product and service offerings if you have provided us with your name and address, email address or phone numbers via the Websites, through customer service or via other means.
Opt-out of promotional communications. In the event you wish to unsubscribe from receiving promotional communications from us, you may opt-out by:
- Removing yourself by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of an email we send you, or
- Contact us at: email@example.com
If you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, such as notifications regarding our business relationship with you, important notices regarding our Services, or as otherwise consistent with applicable law.
Access to Personal Information by Companies that Work with Us or On Our Behalf
Some of our operations, such as our electronic commerce, may be managed by are unaffiliated companies or service providers. We may share Personal Information with these companies or services providers on a confidential basis only to the extent necessary to perform their functions. In no event will we authorize these companies to use your Personal Information for any reason other than to provide you with those specific services. If your purchases are being shipped to you, your shipping information will be shared with our delivery service providers (U.S. Postal Service, UPS, or other delivery companies we or you select). Our delivery service providers are asked not to use your Personal Information for any purpose other than making the delivery.
Sale of Business
In the event that we or some of our assets are sold or transferred or used as security, your Personal Information may be transferred to third parties as part of that transaction.
Security of Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of Personal Information in our custody and control. We also are committed to employing reasonable technology in order to protect the security of the Website. However, even with the best technology, no website is 100% secure. We will take reasonable measures which we believe are appropriate to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction, and, where possible.
We reserve the right to release personal and account information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law, other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Root, our Users or others.
We may provide online bulletin boards, forums, and/or chat rooms for users who visit our Site. Be advised that any postings will not be protected or confidential.
If you have any questions about our handling of Personal Information, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org