Root is expanding nationally and accepting applications and inquiries within the U.S. for:
Registered Dietitians (RD/RDN)
About Our Team
Root Functional Medicine is a fast paced, women & physician-led company with a supportive, collaborative, and fun culture.
We look for high energy, personable, and driven individuals. A Root team member delivers on an incredible educational, personal, and exciting experience to all current and future members. They constitute Root’s front line and are our brand ambassadors, supporting our mission to “Inspire Hope for Healing” through nutrition and lifestyle.
This is more than a job to all of our team members. It is our passion to bring true functional medicine, the right education, and healthy, balanced, condition-tailored meal plans to the world.
Root is a team of functional medicine doctors and dietitians who solve health problems at the Root cause. Our doctors and dietitians work as a duo to give the most well rounded member experience and life changing results.
This contract position will work remotely, seeing members through virtual visits in our functional medicine membership program.
Key Job Duties And Responsibilities:
- 1:1 virtual nutrition counseling with Root members (30-60 minute visits)
- Complete nutrition assessments and follow ups for members
- Interpret labs as they relate to nutrition
- Make nutrition recommendations and facilitate goal setting for members
- Create detailed wellness plans after each visit
- Respond to health portal messages within 48 business hours
- Communicate as needed with doctors, dietitians, and clinical team
The RD will also:
- Attend all monthly clinical meetings
- Create content for and be an active participant in the Root online community
- Contribute to nutrition education classes, nutrition handouts/resources, social media content (including videos), and Root Farmacy® meal plan development, as needed.
The ideal candidate will live out the Core Values of Root:
- Impactful: In health and wellness industries - inspiring change and improvements.
- Accountable: Everyone is accountable, even our members.
- Thoughtful: To a fault. We care about doing the right thing.
- Authentic: We are transparent and honest. We actually do what we recommend.
You are probably a great candidate for this role if you:
- Feel energized by helping people through life’s challenges.
- Have at least 1-2 years of nutrition counseling experience (including motivational interviewing) and value meeting people where they are at.
- Believe in Root’s mission statement of “providing hope for healing” and want to help increase functional & food as medicine awareness across the nation.
- Practice in line with the general Nutrition Philosophy at Root, which emphasizes whole foods eaten in balanced meals and encourages diet diversity over restriction.
- Education – Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics
- Credentials – Registered Dietitian, Licensed Dietitian in states with this requirement (or willing to obtain licenses)
- Outgoing personality, able to easily connect with member conversations.
- Excellent listening skills
- Education - Master's Degree in Nutrition, Dietetics
- Experience - 2+ years experience in nutrition education and counseling
- Functional Medicine Training (we are also willing to train the right candidate on Root protocols)
Reports to: Lead Dietitian
Compensation: Competitive hourly rate >90th percentile for experienced RDs.
Weekly Scheduled Hours: 20-24 (with the possibility for more hours in the future)
Days Worked: Monday to Friday (Set 3 days per week), Potential for occasional evening classes/presentations as needed.