Root Functional Medicine is a fast-paced, woman owned company with a supportive, collaborative, and fun culture.
Our team is expanding and we are looking for a high energy, personable, and driven individual to work at our Farmacy as one of the main customer-facing individuals. A Root team member delivers on an incredible educational, personal, and exciting experience to all current and future customers. They constitute Root’s front line and are our brand ambassadors, supporting our mission to “Inspire Hope for Healing” through nutrition and lifestyle.
This candidate will be the go-to person to answer questions about our in-house food & beverage options, sell current and prospective customers on the benefits of our meal prep service, and direct customers as appropriate into our educational and clinical programs. This candidate is passionate about nutrition & wellness and looks forward to assisting the physicians and registered dietitians in helping our members achieve their health goals by connecting them with food as medicine and prescribed supplements. The candidate will have knowledge in protein, fat, and carbohydrate balance and be able to point out the benefits of the meals. Training will be provided on Root philosophies. Candidate must be willing and eager to learn. Candidate will work closely with Root doctors, dietitians, and chefs and all team members.
- Providing excellent customer service & troubleshooting. Engage walk-in guests promptly, personally, and with the goal of opening the conversation and ensuring they feel welcome.
- Serve as point person for Root Farmacy Meal Subscribers, understand how to use our website shop and be able to talk customers through any pitfalls.
- Assist with meal packaging and labeling. Assist with shipping product orders.
- Working meal pick up and communicating regularly with farmacy subscribers, answering common questions.
- Coordinating and assisting with educational and cooking classes.
- Maintaining knowledge of Root’s clinical and educational programs and making referrals as appropriate.
- Be able to cover clinical administrative procedures as needed.
- Help with social media content creation.
Because we are a small and fast growing company you need to be able to step in and help with a variety of tasks when needed. For example, helping with basic food prep (chopping & peeling vegetables, making house-made almond milk, etc.), meal packaging, and supporting the sous & executive chefs & operations manager when needed. Some days you may go from answering questions about our clinical programs to packing shipping boxes to jumping in to help in the kitchen. We will reward team players who help others succeed and empower the team around them.
Job Skills and Qualifications
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in nutrition or related field preferred.
Customer service experience required.
32-40 hours per week.
Hours will vary between 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday. Occasional evenings as late as 9 p.m. once per month when classes take place.