At Root Functional Medicine, we have seen the most success using the Mediator Release Test (MRT) for food sensitivities and ImmunoCalm protocol with the following conditions:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Diarrhea (IBS-D)
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Symptoms such as joint pain, brain fog, and fatigue
- Various skin problems such as eczema, acne, and dry/itchy skin
This test might be for you if:
- You are highly motivated to make major dietary changes for at least 6 weeks.
- You are ready to feel better FAST. Most people see a 50-75% reduction in their initial symptom score within 14 days on the protocol.
- You think your health is worth investing in.
- There are no foods you wouldn’t be willing to give up for a short period of time (we are talking bread, alcohol, chocolate, and cheese, among many other foods.)
- You are ready to start feeling amazing by improving digestion, reducing brain fog, increasing energy, and reducing joint pain (among many other possible improvements).
- You are open to cooking very simple meals and snacks at home for at least 6-weeks.
We don’t recommend this test for strict vegans (your protein options may be very limited based on the results of your test and we may struggle to create a balanced meal plan).
Your MRT test purchase includes:
- The MRT lab kit shipped to you. Your results will then be mailed to you including the following items:
- Root Functional Medicine proprietary 30-page custom results booklet with instructions, tips, and product ideas specific to your results. This book, written by our Root Dietitians and protected by U.S. copyright, is based on the exact steps we take with our 1:1 clients. Following the steps and ideas outlined in this book will be very helpful to your success.
- A 2-day sample anti-inflammatory meal plan designed by Root’s dietitians, specific to your results.
- Customized written interpretation by registered dietitian and certified leap therapist trained in functional nutrition including highlights of your results to implement a plan on your own or with your practitioner.
- Root symptom score with guidelines for adding in new foods.
- See 2-page sample report of 170 sensitivities in product image gallery.
*This package does not make you an active client at Root Functional Medicine. Upgrade to become a client of Root Functional Medicine by joining one of our 1:1 plans and we will walk you through the MRT/LEAP custom elimination diet.
**This test is not available in New York.
Must be for person age 18 and up.
This product is not refundable.
Lab Draw Instructions and Logistics:
Lab Kit Arrival:
Your lab kit will arrive at your house within 7 business days of ordering your lab from the Root Functional Medicine Website. Your lab order requisition form is included with your kit.
You will simply need to take the kit and your test requisition form with you to have your blood drawn, then your blood sample is put back in the kit, and the kit is shipped out overnight with an included FedEx prepaid shipping label. Some labs will ship the kit for you, and other times you will have to drop it off at a FedEx location yourself.
You can have your blood drawn at any medical blood draw site (phlebotomy lab or mobile phlebotomist) that is NOT contracted solely to Labcorp, Quest, etc. Usually, you can go wherever you normally have your blood drawn, but it is always a good idea to call the lab in advance and ask if they will take an “outside test kit”.
Oxford Biomedical Technologies draw locator: https://nowleap.com/drawlocator/
ArcPoint Labs: https://www.arcpointlabs.com/locations-by-state/
Specific instructions for the phlebotomist will be included with your MRT lab kit you receive in the mail. The blood draw is very straightforward and requires two to three standard vials to be filled.
MRT labs need to be drawn between noon and 5 p.m. (in time to ship out that night via FedEx) and you do NOT need to fast.
Standard blood draw rates will apply wherever you choose to get your blood drawn (this is usually between $25-35).