Mediator Release Test (MRT) & Dietitian Designed Food Plan
At Root Functional Medicine, we have seen the most success using the Mediator Release Test (MRT) for food sensitivities and ImmunoCalm protocol with the following conditions:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Diarrhea (IBS-D)
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Various skin problems such as eczema, acne, and dry/itchy skin
This test might be for you if:
- You are highly motivated to make major dietary changes for at least 6 weeks.
- You are ready to feel better FAST. Most people see a 50-75% reduction in their initial symptom score within 14 days on the protocol.
- You think your health is worth investing in.
- There are no foods you wouldn’t be willing to give up for a short period of time (we are talking bread, alcohol, chocolate, and cheese, among many other foods.)
- You are ready to start feeling amazing by improving digestion, reducing brain fog, increasing energy, and reducing joint pain (among many other possible improvements).
- You are open to cooking very simple meals and snacks at home for at least 6-weeks.
This test might NOT be for you if:
- You don’t see the value in investing in your health
- You are unwilling to make major dietary changes for 6-weeks
- You are unwilling to cook all or most of your meals and snacks at home for 6-weeks.
Your MRT test purchase includes:
- The MRT lab kit and Root Functional Medicine proprietary 30-page custom results booklet with instructions, tips, and product ideas specific to your results.
- A 2-day sample anti-inflammatory meal plan designed by Root’s dietitians, specific to your results.
- Customized written interpretation by registered dietitian and certified leap therapist trained in functional nutrition including highlights of your results to implement a plan on your own or with your practitioner.
- Root symptom score with guidelines for adding in new foods.
- 50-page results booklet from Oxford Biomedical Technologies (Root’s dietitians will tell you exactly what to pay attention to in this book, and where to look to the custom Root Functional Medicine guide instead, to avoid confusion).
- Root food/symptom/mood journal
*This package does not make you an active client at Root Functional Medicine. Upgrade to become a client of Root Functional Medicine by joining a monthly nutrition plan or Get to the Root plan and we will walk you through the MRT/LEAP custom elimination diet.
**This test is not available in New York.
Lab Draw Logistics:
You will be emailed a MRT test requisition within 72 hours of purchase. It is extremely important that you send this requisition in with your test kit, or they won’t know it is your blood.
Lab Kit Arrival:
Your lab kit will arrive at your house within 7 business days of ordering your lab from the Root Functional Medicine Website.
You will simply need to take the kit and test requisition with you to have your blood drawn, then your blood sample is put back in the kit, and the kit is shipped out overnight with a FedEx prepaid shipping label. Some labs will ship the kit for you, and other times you will have to drop it off at a FedEx location. The test requisition form must be shipped with your blood sample.
You can have your blood drawn at any medical blood draw site (phlebotomy lab or mobile phlebotomist) that is not contracted solely to Labcorp, Quest, etc. Usually, you can go to wherever you normally have your blood drawn, but it is always a good idea to call the lab in advance and ask if they will take an “outside test kit”.
Oxford Biomedical Technologies draw locator: https://nowleap.com/drawlocator/
ArcPoint Labs: https://www.arcpointlabs.com/locations-by-state/
Grand Rapids Draws:
If you are in the Grand Rapids area, you can have your lab drawn at Root by appointment. Please call 616-201-4857 to schedule your draw appointment. There is a $35 draw fee.
Specific instructions for the phlebotomist will be included with your MRT lab kit you receive in the mail. The blood draw is very straightforward and requires four standard vials to be filled.
MRT labs need to be drawn between noon and 4pm and you do not need to fast. After draw, the kit needs to be shipped with the included shipping label same day, overnight.
Standard blood draw rates will apply wherever you choose to get your blood drawn (this is usually between $25-45).
You will receive your results, food plan, Root booklet by mail within 3 weeks of having your blood drawn.