Root has transitioned to online only consultations in 2021. All programs can be done virtually!
Functional Medicine and Nutrition Plans
PCOS/Fertility Nutrition Program with Dietitian + The PCOS Symptom Reversal Method Online Course
- 3 month program with dietitian plus access to our online course and community.
- PCOS initial lab panel pre and post program so you can see your progress! Biomarkers of inflammation, nutrient levels, metabolic panel, testosterone, DHEAs levels (estimated value of lab panel x 2 is $4200)
- Nutrition assessment by RD with extensive PCOS training and experience, review of lab panel at initial appointment with RD
- 8 week PCOS online course, view details here: The PCOS Symptom Reversal Method
- 1 hour follow up appointment with RD to review progress and post course lab results
- PCOS meal plan included with course
- 3 month payment plan available ($532.22/month x 3)
*at an additional, transparent cost
Apply to work with us Not ready to work 1:1, start with our online course!
Get to the Root Program with Doctor and Dietitian
- 3 month program with Doctor and Dietitian including important functional labs
- Ideal for solving health problems (thyroid, PCOS, gut health, fertility)
- Optimal for those who prefer ongoing support
- Lab evaluation: biomarkers for nutrition, full thyroid panel, inflammation, metabolic panel. (estimated value of our Root lab panel $2100)
- Includes functional stool test to be reviewed in month 2 of program (estimated value of stool test $400)
- Option to add functional labs, MRT food sensitivity testing*
- 1 hour monthly consult with each MD and RD
- 3 month payment plan available ($832.22/month x 3)
*at an additional, transparent lab cost
Apply to work with us
Fertility Consult with Dietitian
- Ideal for fertility nutrition evaluation for men or women, pre-conception planning, nutrition for egg quality, 90 days pre-IVF.
- Fertility lab panel done before consult. Lab evaluation: biomarkers for nutrition, full thyroid panel, inflammation, metabolic panel. (estimated value of our Root lab panel $2100)
- 90 minute consultation with fertility dietitian
- Wellness Plan
- Fertility meal planning
Please read the terms of our plans:
Fertility consult: the cost is billed at sign up.
Monthly Programs (PCOS and Get to the Root): the cost is billed on sign up. We also offer a 3 month payment plan.
We offer to spread out the cost of our consultations and labs to a 3 month payment, though much of the work and costs are upfront. Because of this, we cannot accept early cancellations of the monthly visit plans.
More Billing Info:
- We accept credit/debit and can accept HSA/FSA for the cost of our monthly office visits and our included lab panel. Optional additional functional labs may be ordered outside of Root (directly through lab companies) and are not included in Root fees unless specified above in plan details.
- We do not accept insurance for Root consultation fees. We also cannot provide receipts for insurance. However, we can provide receipts for HSA or FSA. We serve people, not insurance companies – read more about why here.
- Monthly plan visit fees are auto-debited about the same time each month.
- If you are in need of financial assistance, we also accept advancecarecard.com and you can apply on their website for this card which can be used to cover your costs at Root Functional Medicine.
Your initial lab panel is included in your plan cost for every plan as specified above. We also offer additional, functional specialty testing such as food sensitivity tests (MRT), gut health testing, adrenal and hormone testing that you can add to our monthly plans at an additional, but transparent cost. (Check program details above to see which of these tests is included in your program).
All testing is optional, but it is very helpful, and it is not typically available in conventional medicine, so most clients take advantage of this opportunity. Clients have spent from zero to >$1000 on testing depending on unique needs. The average investment in labs we have seen from clients is about $400.
Monthly plans start from the day of the first visit and last the duration of the 3 months plan of your choice.
We will do our best to schedule your next visit at the end of every one of our visits – often alternating between seeing your doctor and dietitian. We can also arrange your visits with each specialist on the same day.
If we are unable to schedule your next visit immediately at the end of your current visit, please take a look at our online schedule via the portal and submit your appointment request or send us an email or a call us to help you schedule if needed. It is up to you to take advantage of your monthly visits with each specialist. We’ll do what we can to help keep you on track.
We are functional medicine specialists and operate in a true functional medicine model of care. We cannot replace your primary care physician. We’re not available for same day or acute issues, or for insurance related physicals that are best provided by your primary care doctor.
Although we can’t be your primary doctor, you have options to keep working with us after your plan has ended. You can renew your current plan, or choose a different plan.