Root has transitioned to online only consultations in 2021. All programs can be done virtually!
Functional Medicine Plans
Root Wellness Consult
$ 750.001 x payment
- Ideal for prevention, optimizing wellness, and optimizing health for pre-conception for both women and men.
- Lab evaluation: biomarkers for nutrition, detox, energy, blood sugar balance, full thyroid panel, inflammation, detailed lipids.
- 75 minutes consultation with Doctor
- Wellness and Nutrition Plan
Get to the RootMost Popular
$ 650.00 - 550.00per month
- Ideal for solving health problems (thyroid, gut health, autoimmune, food sensitivities, PCOS, fertility)
- Optimal for those who prefer ongoing support from doctor and dietitian
- Lab evaluation: biomarkers for nutrition, detox, blood sugar balance, full thyroid panel, inflammation, detailed lipids.
- Option to add functional labs, MRT food sensitivity testing*
- 1 hour monthly consult with each MD and RD
Comprehensive Functional Consult
$ 24001 x payment
- Ideal for gut health and food sensitivities.
- Optimal for those who prefer a consult and advanced testing and can implement the plan on their own.
- Root Lab evaluation: biomarkers for nutrition, detox, blood sugar balance, full thyroid panel, inflammation, detailed lipids.
- Also includes MRT food sensitivity testing and functional stool test done before consult
- 1 hour consult with dietitian to review MRT test and create food plan based on results, followed by a 1.5 hour consult with MD to review lab test results and target treatment plan.
- Saves $400 by combining functional testing with consultations
PCOS/Fertility Nutrition Program
PCOS/Fertility Nutrition Program + Meals!
$ 625.00per month*
- Our PCOS/Fertility Program including Root initial PCOS lab panel and monthly 60 minute visits with dietitian
- Root Farmacy meals for PCOS. Five take-home fully prepared balanced meals designed for PCOS weekly x 12 weeks. See the menu on our Farmacy meals page!
* price based off 3 month payment plan
Sign up now
$ 450.00x 1 payment*
- Ideal for fertility nutrition evaluation for men or women, pre-conception planning, nutrition for egg quality, pre-IVF.
- Fertility lab panel done before consult
- 90 minute consultation with fertility dietitian
- Wellness Plan
- Fertility meal planning
Please read the terms of our plans:
Wellness consult and Comprehensive Functional Consult: the cost is billed at sign up.
Monthly Packages: the first-month payment is billed on sign up.
This helps us cover your lab costs, the time before your visit reviewing your intake forms, and holds your spot in our intentionally small, personalized practice.
As a service to you, we spread out the cost of our consultations and labs to a lower monthly payment, though much of the work and costs are upfront. Because of this, we cannot accept early cancellations of the monthly visit plans.
We do offer a 10% discount for paying for your total plan upfront.
More Billing Info:
- We accept credit/debit and can accept HSA/FSA for the cost of our monthly office visits and our included lab panel. Optional additional functional labs may be ordered outside of Root (directly through lab companies) and are not included in Root fees unless specified above in plan details.
- We do not accept insurance for Root consultation fees. We also cannot provide receipts for insurance. However, we can provide receipts for HSA or FSA. We serve people, not insurance companies – read more about why here.
- Monthly plan visit fees are auto-debited about the same time each month, and cover both of your visits each month: MD and RD.
- If you are in need of financial assistance, we also accept advancecarecard.com and you can apply on their website for this card which can be used to cover your costs at Root Functional Medicine.
Your initial lab panel is included in your plan cost for every plan as specified above. We also offer additional, functional specialty testing such as food sensitivity tests (MRT), gut health testing, adrenal and hormone testing that you can add to our monthly plans at an additional, but transparent cost.
All testing is optional, but it is very helpful, and it is not typically available in conventional medicine, so most clients take advantage of this opportunity. Clients have spent from zero to >$1000 on testing depending on unique needs. The average investment in labs we have seen from clients is about $500.
Monthly plans start from the day of the first visit and last the duration of the 3 or 6 months plan of your choice.
We will do our best to schedule your next visit at the end of every one of our visits – often alternating between seeing your doctor and dietitian. We can also arrange your visits with each specialist on the same day.
If we are unable to schedule your next visit immediately at the end of your current visit, please take a look at our online schedule via the portal and submit your appointment request or send us an email or a call us to help you schedule if needed. It is up to you to take advantage of your monthly visits with each specialist. We’ll do what we can to help keep you on track.
We encourage ongoing support with email and allow up to weekly emails included in the monthly plans: Get to the Root, Nutrition, and PCOS nutrition plans. One time consults do not include ongoing portal email access. Emails are great for follow up questions, updates, and support, but new concerns are best addressed in a visit.
We are functional medicine specialists and operate in a true functional medicine model of care. We cannot replace your primary care physician. We’re not available for same day or acute issues, or for insurance related physicals that are best provided by your primary care doctor.
Although we can’t be your primary doctor, you have options to keep working with us after your plan has ended. You can renew your current plan, or choose a different plan. For clients who complete our Get to the Root program, we have a maintenance membership available called Stay Grounded.